The success of the Mite Development Program relies greatly on the commitment and conduct of parents. We ask that you help support the programs in the following ways:
- Ensure that your player is at practice on-time and ready to skate.
- Communicate directly with coaches whenever you have a question or concern.
- Conduct yourself in a positive, healthy way by following USA Hockey’s Parents’ Code of Conduct. Players require a good example as opposed to criticism.
- Help make your child’s participation rewarding for all participants.
- Be understanding and supportive of the coach and the officials. The coach is a volunteer and is giving his/her personal time, at his/her expense, to help provide a positive experience for your child.
- Support and assist the program in a positive manner.
- The parent is the most important example to which a child can relate. Be everything you want your child to be.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Mite Development Program, feel free to bring them to your child’s coach or the Mite On-Ice Coordinator at your child's level.